Getting information about our event El Chott Sahara Tour 2015 “Back to the roots”
- Announcement, entry fees and registration deadlines are online.
- The registration deadline for “Normal bookers” is extended until 09/08/2015.
- For registration please use the known rally registration forms.
- The event schedule can be found under “RALLY DATAS“.
- The planned routes of the daily stages will be published in the next few days.
Promoter and organizing team of the El Chott invite you to be with us on our Sahara tour; no matter whether for tests and training in the special stages, to reach the daily finish lines once without time pressure, or to see the dreamy landscape not only passing in the side mirror.
For most sections we have Roadbooks. In addition, we offer for Desert newcomers routes which are easier to graduate. For the members of the adventure class, and all those who want to join in, the sights of the country as well as the camps and hotels can be reached on roads and pistes.
So, who wasn’t in the desert already this year, or who wants to fulfill this wish for the first time; in October there is a good possibility.
Accompanied by experienced rally ORGA, top organized and at a reasonable price!
Join our adventure!
- DC, testing and training, “Dune driving school” and all “desert foxes” in our group
- AC, “country, people, sights” and all Tunisia-driver with SUV’s
- all participants
|24 Oct.||Arrival at the port of Genoa, registration, ferry crossing to Tunis||MS Carthage|
|25 Oct.||Arrival in Tunis, transfer to Mahdia||Mahdia Palace|
|26 Oct.||on motorway, on roads and on a piste-stage of the rally to El Hamma and continue to the oasis of Ksar Ghilane||Camp Le Paradis|
|to El Jem (Colosseum), on highway towards Gabes and over the mountains through Matmata to Ksar Ghilane|
|27 Oct.||through the dunes and on the competition-pistes of the rally to Tataouine||Hotel Sangho|
|on pistes and roads through’s mountains to Tataouine|
|28 Oct.||on asphalt to Chenini and on the competition-piste of the rally back to Ksar Ghilane||Camp Le Paradis|
|on asphalt to Chenini (old berber caves) and on pistes and roads back to Ksar Ghilane|
|29 Oct.||on a vast dunes-stage of the rally, passing “Parc Jebil” and “Tembaine” to Camp Zmela||Camp Zmela|
|on pistes through the stony desert and within sight of the dunes of the Grand Erg Oriental to Camp Zmela|
|30 Oct.||past the oasis of Ksar Ghilane and the Roman Fort on a dunes-stage of the rally towards Bir Soltane||Camp Bir Soltane|
|on pistes and roads to Bir Soltane to the camp right on dunes entrance|
|31 Oct.||on a pistes-dunes-stage of the rally directly to Douz||Hotel Touareg|
|on the fast asphalt road to Douz|
|01 Nov.||from Douz on the road to El Faouar, then through the dunes and on pistes to the “Parc Jebil”||OffRoad Camp|
|on pistes to the national park “Parc Jebil” for our common “night under the stars”|
|02 Nov.||past the holy mountain “Tembaine” on the special stage of the rally to the “Lost Lake”||OffRoad Camp|
|back on pistes, then on the road to Matmata (Berber Museum)||Hotel Le Barbar|
|03 Nov.||on a dunes-stage of the rally from “Lost Lake” back to the oasis of Ksar Ghilane||Camp El Biben|
|from Matmata through the mountains to Medenine, again through the mountains and then along narrow trails through dry riverbeds to Ksar Ghilane|
|04 Nov.||on a special stage of the rally by the stone desert and last small dunes to Kebili||Hotel Yadis Oasis|
|on the asphalt road to Kebili, to the “petrified dunes” of Fatnassa and over the Chott El Jerid, the largest salt lake in North Africa|
|05 Nov.||on a piste over a part of the Chott and on a narrow pass through the mountains with a fascinating view into the wide plain, then on the coast road and the motorway to Hammamet||Hotel Le Sultan|
|06 Nov.||transfer to the ferry port of Tunis, ferry crossing to Genoa||MS Carthage|
|07 Nov.||arrival in Europe, individual departure of the participants|
|2 weeks Sahara-Tour “Back to the roots”
|24/10 – 07/11/2015|
|1 week Sahara-Tour “Back to the roots”||24/10 – 31/10/2015|
Announced for today. With regret I publish the following decision for implementing El Chott 2015:
- The event will take place in Tunisia at specified period.
- The name of the event is changed to El Chott Sahara-Tour -Back to the Roots-
- During the event there will be no timed rally competition.
- The accompanying travels of AC and DC groups will be held unchanged.
- For already registered participants and service teams and also for ORGA, Service, helpers and friends as well as for all others who wish to accompany us, we will organize a 12-day Tunisia-Trip. For 80% of routes with different “sand share” (up to three different routes per day) there will be roadbooks.
- The offered services according to tender will be adapt.
- Registration fees are reduced accordingly. Any differences will be reimbursed.
- Each already registered participant in a race class as well as his service team can cancel his participation. Each already registered participant in a race class as well as his service team can cancel his participation. Already made entry fees will be reimbursed at 100%. The final date for this is the 16/08/2015. After that date refunds are granted only in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
Any changes to the event will be published in detail at latest on Monday, 27/07/2015, on the website.
Both our contacts in Tunisia as well as the information of the Foreign Office would not give cause to cancel the event for safety reasons. However, the individual security sense of participants and their families is a different thing. In recent weeks I received in addition to three new registrations also 5 cancellations. Moreover already announced registrations are not made.
Only 10 participants in 5 rating classes make a serious rally competition impossible.