- Special stages for competitors
- Transfer routes for team service and organizers service
- ORGA – road books with lots of additional information as a professional working base for the CP teams, the sweeper trucks and the medical rescue teams
- reserve special stages
In total, more than 2,500 road book pictures on 260 pages!
Related to this is the first of several planned improvements:
- For classes E1 – E4 the road books will prepared as a role, not as a book.
- In addition to the transfer of GPS waypoints (coordinates) prepared routes for each day are available upon request.
The previously announced GPS recorder will come. Unfortunately we have not found a standard GPS logger that met our requirements. Therefore, the company EXPLONA has developed a GPS recorder that is tailored to the required use:
- dust and water protected
- independent power supply for the entire duration of rally
- can not be manipulated / no data upload possible
- automatic personalization of the read out data
This is the basis of a fair evaluation; the same hardware for all participants, independent of individually user errors.
Also new in 2012:
- European catering service (breakfast / dinner, small snacks) in all camps
- A whole rest day – to bring late teams back to the main field, to perform necessary repairs and to allow a small break for organizations and service employees.
Not new, but still worth mentioning:
- All camps are reachable for service without 4×4.
- The special stages in the dunes have exit opportunities before particularly difficult passages.
- The EXPLONA tracking system shows the location of each participant at any time on the screen. It allows to the teams to send an emergency call in case of accident or other emergency case. All important information, such as race number and coordinates, will automaticly submitted to the base station and from there to the sweeper truck or to the rescue service.